THE NEURODEVELOPMENTAL SKILLS AND DEMANDS MODEL
THE RESEARCH AND THEORETICAL LITERATURE BASE
Rick Robinson, Ph.D., Summer 2016 Version
Collaborative Problem Solving
- Lost at school (Revised 2nd edition-2009)-Ross Greene
- Treating Explosive Kids: The Collaborative Problem Solving Approach (2006)-Ross Greene & Stuart Ablon
- The Explosive Child (Revised 3rd edition-2005)-Ross Greene
Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma
- The Body Keeps The Score (2014)-Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
- Treating Traumatic Stress in Children and Adolescents (2010)-Margaret E. Blaustein & Kristine M. Kinniburgh.
- Born for Love: Why Empathy is Essential-And Endangered (2010)-Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D. and Maia Szalavitz
- Trauma Stewardship: An Everyday Guide to Caring for Self while Caring for Others (2009)-Laura van Dernoot Lipsky with Connie Burk
- Traumatic Stress (2007)-Bessel A. van der Kolk, et. al., Eds.
- “Applying Principles of Neurodevelopment to Clinical Work with Maltreated and Traumatized Children-The Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics” (2006)-Bruce D. Perry.
- The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog (2006)-Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D. and Maia Szalavitz
- “The Neuroarcheology of Childhood Maltreatment”-The Neurodevelopmental Costs of Adverse Childhood Events (2001)-Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.
- “The relationship of adult health status to childhood abuse and household dysfunction” (1998) Vincent Felitti, Robert Anda, et. al.
- No Drama Discipline (2014)-Daniel Siegel, M.D., & Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- Attachment Based Teaching: Creating a Tribal Classroom (2014)-Louis Cozolino
- The Social Neuroscience of Education (2013)-Louis Cozolino, Ph.D.
- Brainstorm-The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain (2013)-Daniel Siegel, M.D.
- The Science of the Art of Psychotherapy (2012)-Allan N. Shore
- Help for Billy-A Beyond Consequences Approach to Helping Challenging Children in the Classroom (2012) Heather T. Forbes, LCSW.
- The Developing Mind (2nd Edition-2012)-Daniel J. Siegel
- The Polyvagal Theory: Neuropsychological Foundations of Emotions, Attachment, Communication, Self-Regulation (2011)-Stephen W. Porges
- The Whole-Brain Child (2011)-Daniel Siegel, M.D., & Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
- The Mindful Therapist (2010)-Daniel J. Siegel
- The Neuroscience of Human Relationships (2006)-Louis Cozolino.
- Parenting from the Inside Out (2003)-Daniel J. Siegel M.D., & Mary Hartzell, M.Ed.
- Affect Regulation and the Origin of the Self (1994)-Allan N. Shore
- Executive Functions (2012)-Russell A. Barkley.
- Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents (2nd Edition-2010)-Peg Dawson and Richard Guare.
- Prompting Executive Functioning in the Classroom (2010)-Lynn Meltzer.
- Smart but Scattered (2009)-Peg Dawson and Richard Guare.
- “New Perspectives on Educating Children with ADHD: Contributions of the Executive Functions” 5 (2002)- Gerard Gioia & Peter Isquith.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Guidelines for Supporting Students with Self-Regulatory Weakness (2006)-Mark Ylvisaker.
- Emotional/Arousal Regulation
- The Zones of Regulation: A curriculum designed to foster self-regulation and emotional control (2011)-Leah M. Kuypers, MA Ed. OTR/L.
- Dialectic Behavor Therapy-Children and Adolescents (2008)-Connie Callahan, Ph.D., LPCC, LMFT.
- How Does Your Engine Run-A Leader’s Guide to The Alert Program for Self Regulation (Revised Edition-1996)-Mary Sue Williams, OTR/L & Sherry Shellenberger, OTR/L.
- Skills Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder (1993)-Marsha M. Linehan.
Cognitive Behavior Approaches
- Evidence-Based Psychotherapies for Children and Adolescents (2010)-John R. Weisz & Alan E. Kazdin.
Social Skills/Social Cognition
- Handbook of Social and Emotional Learning (2015)-Joseph A. Durlak, Celene E. Domitrovich, Roger P. Weissberg, Thomas P. Gullotta, Eds.
- The Incredible Flexible You: A Social Thinking Curriculum for the Preschool and Early Elementary Years (2013)-Michelle Garcia-Winner, et al.
- Social Behavior Mapping (2007)-Michelle Garcia Winner.
- Thinking about You Thinking about Me (2007)-Michelle Garcia Winner.
- Think Social (2005)-Michelle Garcia Winner.
- The Development of the Person (2005)-L. Alan Sroufe, et. al.
- Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child (1997)-John Gottman, Ph.D.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Handbook of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders-Vol. 1& 2 (2005)-Fred R. Volkmar, et.al. Eds.
- Integrated Multi-Tiered Systems of Support: Blending RTI and PBIS (2016)-Kent McIntosh and Steve Goodman
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health: Core Concepts and Clinical Practice (2014)-Kristie Brandt, C.N.M., D.N.P.; Bruce D. Perry, M.D., Ph.D.; Stephen Seligman, D.M.H.; Ed Tronick, Ph.D., Eds.
- Handbook of Implementation Science for Psychology in Education (2012)-Barbara Kelly and Daniel F. Perkins Eds.